Sketch of the Day!
Also a new background image! A rush sketch, with equally rushed colouring.
As rushed as it looks though, I spent about an hour fiddling around with the
colours. The sketch itself though, took under 10 minutes, I think.
There are two versions (for now!), the first one being my blog pref. The second
being my fave for say, a t-shirt design perhaps... :)
Wallpaper of the Month!
I've also done a wallpaper version for you: (1680 x 1050)
It's a mess? A creative mess! = Good, right?
It's first steps to a style I'm working on.
Next time will be better ^_^
And to update what I've been working on lately, here are 2 of 3 of my NOTLD:R contribs:
Excruciatingly short, I know ^^;
One day, I hope to get started on my own full, beginning to end, short animation, around 5 minutes long. In the meantime, collaboratives have been a great warm-up! The third of my 3 shots is in progress as I type.
In Other News: E3 2009
So, E3 has just finished. Surprisingly, Nintendo seemed to have taken a step down, which is a welcome gesture, as they owned the last E3 as well as most of the market. While Microsoft introduced their new Natal motion sensor toy for the 360. Sony, I think, gave the best show, with PSP Go, and a surprise Final Fantasy XIV announcement.
So more on to my list of To Watch & Maybe Play... Starred are the definites!
- Alan Wake* - Looks like what Alone in the Dark should have been, with more psycho-thrils.
- Assassin's Creed II - You can swim, fly and shoot things now! More flexibility than the first!
- Avatar - It has a modern war look for a setting, only with brightly coloured dragons...?!
- Bayonetta* - The fact the protagonist is strangely sexy, mystifies me. I think I can forget about playing that muchly delayed DMC4 play now.
- Brutal Legend* - It's funny, it has metal, and Jack Black!
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Trailer looks promising. I only hope they get this one right... Series is in need of saving.
- Dead Rising 2 - You're playing as a jock this time, looks like it'll be more funny than the first!
- Demon Souls - Apparently a very, very hard game. Been a while since that's been said about any next-gen games.
- Dragon Age - It's by Bioware, it has knights and ugly orcs that look like they came out of Gears of War, always fun to kill those.
- Edge of Twilight - It's steampunk/Fable looking. And I have never seen blood fly like that before.
- Endless Ocean 2 - I never played the first, but I heard it was great. Also, I've recently been snorkeling for the first time... I want to re-live!
- Final Fantasy XIII & XIV - Lightning is looking like a real female Cloud!
- Golden Sun DS - Never got round to playing any GS ever. DS is collecting dust too.
- Just Cause 2 - the first wasn't so hot, was it? The sequel though, ooh.
- Left for Dead 2 - Too soon for a sequel, maybe. But I didn't buy the first anyway, which I'm happy for now.
- Muramasa The Demon Blade - It's pretty, looks a lot like Odin Sphere on the PS2. I wonder how far they can go with Wii?
- Quantum - Apparently an FPS, only this time the walls transform around you, meaning you're on the move, a lot.
- Scribblenauts* - "I FUCKING TRAVELED THROUGH TIME AND JUMPED ON A DINOSAUR AND USED IT TO KILL MOTHERFUCKING ROBOT ZOMBIES." (link) And it has the ability to summon God, as well as a time machine and almost anything you want. All for saving the star in each room! The limit is in the database and your imagination...
- Silent Hill: Shattered Memories - Waving around the Wiimote in the dark, as the torch in the dark, in the game! Could be truly scary.
- Splinter Cell: Conviction - Been waiting a while for this! I've missed playing Sam Fisher. Plus, I haven't played a good stealth game in years.
- *The Last Guardian!*
Just to point out, I think the textures on the boy are still being working on:
Next to the adorable Vulpix/Falkor
/griffin cutie, he's too bright, right?
Then again, in ICO it was its style, having the characters a little brighter and bolder against a detailed backdrop. It does make things, among the massive architecture, easier to see.
I played Shadow of the Colossus through, but only briefly did I play ICO (as I had already got started on SotC). So, considering the essence of TLG is similar to ICO, it could be my chance to experience whatever magic everyone else did back in 2001. Or close!
Now, to save up for for that PS3...
2nd edit made on 10/06/09 - Added comments and more games added to list!